Poultry protein is an important food source for multi-cultural societies across the globe. The need of protecting the global supply of high quality poultry meat and eggs for the fast growing human population is critical. This is why Ceva has made a major commitment to poultry vaccination technology. Through our poultry vaccines, equipment and services, Ceva can help protect both animal health and human health, as well as to support food safety and security.
The WORLD LEADER in Immune Complex and VECTOR vaccine technology
Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD) has been a long standing challenge in the field. Thus, producers need a vaccine that works in the presence of a relatively high level of maternal antibodies.
In response, Ceva developed CEVAC® Transmune, a unique vaccine utilizing upgraded immune complex technology that eliminated the difficulties and concern of IBD vaccination in the field. The correct time with suitable maternal antibody level to vaccinate and the concern of improper vaccination are not a problem anymore. Moreover, it provides lifetime protection against all forms of IBD with a single dose administered via in ovo (in the egg) or subcutaneous injection.
Today, Ceva offers the broadest range of disease protection with vector vaccines in the world including Vectormune® FP poultry vaccines using the fowl poxvirus as a vector, and Vectormune® HVT which uses the turkey herpes virus as the vector.
Vectormune® vaccines have been proven highly effective in billions of birds around the world providing protection against the broadest combination of avian diseases. They provide advanced protection against disease through:
- No loss of production: Virtually no chance of the host becoming ill from the agent.
- Less vaccination: Vectormune® vaccines induce a long-lasting response so there is generally reduce the need for revaccination in the field which lowers labor cost.
- No viral shedding: The novel technology utilized in Vectormune® vaccines eliminates the risk of seeding the environment with viral agents that could lead to uncontrolled infection in the house.
- Improved safety: By providing protection without rolling reactions or shedding, Vectormune® vaccines help promote poultry health by reducing the number of agents throughout the production process.
By making a difference for our customers, Ceva has become a leader in vaccine solutions:
- The largest producer of vector vaccines in the world with the broadest range of combinations: Vectormune® HVT-NDV, Vectormune® FP –MG, and many more.
- N° 1 in the world in immune complex technology : Cevac® TRANSMUNE
- N° 1 in the world in Gumboro vaccines: Cevac® TRANSMUNE ,Cevac® IBD L and Cevac® Gumbo L.
- N° 1 in salmonella vaccines in the U.S : Layermune® SE
- N° 1 in U.S. in chicken anemia virus (CAV) vaccine sales: Circomune®
- More than 1000 licensed poultry biologicals worldwide.
Poultry Biology expertise is now gathered in 7 R&D and production centers:
- Ceva Phylaxia campus - Budapest (HUNGARY)
- Ceva Biomune campus - Lenexa (Kansas - USA)
- Ceva Campinas campus - Campinas (BRAZIL)
- Ceva Japan campus - Yokohama (JAPAN)
- Ceva Cuernavaca campus - Cuernavaca (MEXICO)
- Ceva Huadu campus - JV with HUADU -Beijing (CHINA)
- Ceva Vetech campus - Guelph (CANADA)